Sunday, October 26, 2008

THE MANITOU INCLINE...OUR SECOND TIME

Self picture

Rachel, one minute ahead

Self picture


At the bottom of Barr Trail


We were a smaller crowd today. Rachel and I went up to the Incline, with the purpose of improving our time from last Sunday. My personal goal was not to stop once, and then take the Barr Trail down running. Mission accomplished!

It took Rachel 35 minutes to reach the top, and it took me 36 minutes. Last week it took us 55 minutes to climb it.

It is very interesting to talk to the people at the top of the Incline. Most of us take a nice break, before taking any of the routs down to the town. Most likely you end up striking a conversation with somebody, just like we did today with a 74 year old man from Great Britain (...I want to be like him when I grow up), and a father with his highschooler son.
Cool people up there. Both times I have met people at the top who are in great shape, body and mind wise.
I am telling you! The Incline creates addiction. I cannot wait until next Sunday.

No comments: